- Part 1: How to fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare cutscene lag using a VPN?
- Part 2: How to Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Cutscene Lag Spikes on Xbox one/PS4/PC without VPN
- Part 3. FAQs about Call of Duty Modern Warfare Cutscene Lag
Part 1. How to fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare cutscene lag using a VPN?
1.1 How can a VPN help you fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Lag?
VPN is a tool that allows you to change your location and move to another physical location in the world. It uses a proxy that manipulates the IP address and shows you in a different region, whichever you choose.
Using VPN, connect to a hidden IP address. It will help you to avoid bandwidth throttling. VPN uses a direct route through which your data can travel. As a result, you will experience minimum lag and better ping. It will help you to fix cutscene lag in Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
1.2. Recommended VPNs to fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare lag
1) ExpressVPN to reduce lag on Xbox one
ExpressVPN is among the best VPNs available on the market today. It uses excellent privacy technology and has a custom Lightway VPN protocol, through which it can connect to any server quickly.
· All the data will be deleted after reboot.
· It does not track your activities.
· ExpressVPN works with all the apps like Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, etc.
· It allows you to connect up to 5 devices at a time.
· ExpressVPN has a simple interface that allows you to use it easily.
· It is the most secure and reliable VPN, as many auditors audit its services.
· ExpressVPN is quite expensive.
· It does not work on Linux operating systems.
· It only has physical servers in 46 countries. Rest 48 countries are virtual servers.
2) SurfsharkVPN to make Modern Warfare cutscene not lag on PS4/PS5
Surfshark VPN is among the new VPNs in the business. Despite being new, it has a great network of servers. It has 24/7 customer support, and its price is very reasonable, which makes it very attractive.
· Surfshark VPN keeps your privacy, and with security tools, your data is private.
· If you get one single subscription, you can use it on unlimited devices.
· It has a wide network of servers in 51 countries.
· The beauty of this VPN is that it works with all operating systems.
· Surfshark VPN uses RAM servers that delete the memory after rebooting.
· The speed of this VPN is not very competitive with other VPNs.
· There is minimal marketing of this tool which is why it has fewer users.
· The customer service of this tool is not very good.
3) iRocketVPN to stop Call of Duty from lagging on PC
iRocketVPN is a great VPN service tool because it is reliable and works efficiently. There are only a few VPNs that use military-grade encryption to protect your privacy and location, and iRocketVPN is one of them.
· iRocketVPN provides a very fast and stable connection anywhere in the world.
· You can privately and securely browse the internet with this tool.
· It provides no logs VPN service.
· iRocketVPN helps you to hide your IP address which saves you from being tracked.
· Currently, iRocketVPN is only available on Windows.
How to use VPN to fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare cutscene lag?
Step 1: After downloading and installing iRocketVPN, open the tool. You will see a recommended network node by default.
Step 2: Register using your email address and password. Then click on “Quick Connect”.
Step 3: Now, you are connected to the current node that carries your virtual location of the recommended node.
Part 2. How to Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Cutscene Lag Spikes on Xbox one/PS4/PC without VPN?
Way 1: Change Custom Framerate Limit
Go to “Graphics > Custom Framerate Limit” on your game settings. Set it to unlimited, and you won’t face any cutscene lag spikes. It may fix your lag to some extent.
Way 2: Download and Install the Latest Patch
Activision releases patches frequently to make the gamer’s experience phenomenal. Check if there is any latest patch, download it, and it will most probably fix the issue.
Way 3: Turn off NVIDIA In-Game Overlay
On PC, if you are using an NVIDIA graphics card, turn off the NVIDIA in-game overlay, as it can remove Shadowplay from your game. It will result in loading the game faster and fixing the lag. You can go to NVIDIA settings on your PC, navigate to in-game overlay and turn it off.
Way 4: Move Modern Warfare onto an External HDD
On PC, if you have Modern Warfare installed on the hard drive, it may cause some issues. Try moving to an external HDD. Most players have reported that it fixed their cutscene lag issue.
Way 5: Full-Screen Temporary Fix
Most gamers play Modern Warfare on a windowed screen. Press “Alt+Tab” for 3 seconds and release both buttons at the same time to move to full screen. It will sort out your lag issue.
Way 6: Backout from Mission to Avoid Cutscene Stuttering
Whenever the cutscene appears in Modern Warfare, back yourself to the main menu. Go back and restart the mission. It will take you to the cutscene, but it will play seamlessly now.
Way 7: Using the ‘Ideal’ Graphics Settings for COD: Modern Warfare (PC Only)
If you look in the guides while installing Modern Warfare on your PC, it has recommended graphics settings that will make your game experience exceptional. Follow the ideal graphics settings, and there will be no lag issue.
Part 3. FAQs about Call of Duty Modern Warfare Cutscene Lag
3.1 Why is my Call of Duty Modern Warfare cutscene lag spikes on Xbox One/PS4/PC?
When Modern Warfare was released, there was a nasty bug that resulted in the stuttering of the cutscene. It broke the gamer’s heart to see such a lag in such a big game. This issue was occurring on all platforms but more on Xbox and PC.
3.2 Is VPN allowed in Call of Duty Modern Warfare?
When you are using a VPN, there is no question of allowance. You can use VPN with any game or any tools that you want. The problem arises when VPN is not supported with certain games. However, this is not the case with Modern Warfare. You can use VPN calmly, and Modern Warfare will run smoothly without any issues.
We have highlighted one of the most common issues of Call of Duty Modern Warfare which is cutscene lagging. It frustrates the gamer to see stuttering while playing. A bug or improper settings may lead to this issue. However, there are many ways in which you can fix this issue. But the best way to fix cutscene lag is to use a VPN. iRocketVPN is a very promising and performing VPN. You can use it to move to any location in the world that you want, and it will result in smooth Modern Warfare gameplay.